Planning to start E-commerce business? Getting problem while making website? No problem solution is there an “Open-Cart”. OpenCart is a powerful, open source ecommerce platform. It is written in PHP and released under GPL.
- Download latest open-cart source from official site. Click here to download.
- Extract it and place it in /var/www/
- Open browser and type “http://localhost/opencart-18.104.22.168/upload/”. Installation process begins and you will see something like this on your browser
- Check agreement box and click continue
Make sure that everything mentioned in this photo should installed on your system. Now look at 3 step, it is showing missing “config.php” files. To solve this you have to create these files in particular directory manually. Therefore
1). /var/www/opencart-1.5.x/upload/ and make config.php file.
2). /var/www/opencart-1.5.x/upload/admin and make config.php file.
Make sure that these config.php are write-able. So change their persmissions
NOTE:- To make files from terminal you can use “touch” command i.e “$ touch config.php”
- Create database “opencart” (you can name anything I used opencart) in your favorite database
Fill details and you are done with it. Congrats 🙂
- Now open your browser and type
http://localhost/opencart-22.214.171.124/upload/ and you will see something like this
For more details about opencart, documentation click here here